Nov 29, 2009

Some Days Are Yellow, Some Are Blue

"Some days are yellow. Some are blue.
On different days, I'm different too.
You'd be surprised how many ways
I change on different colored days.

On bright red days how good it feels
To be a horse and kick my heels.

On other days, I'm other things.
On bright blue days I flap my wings."

One of my favorite books that Bauer has is My Many Colored Days by Dr. Suess. That's just a snippet of the beginning of the book, but I love the whole thing. I used to envision Bauer describing his feelings to me with the colors from the book but that's never happened...
But I have noticed that I have many different colored days of my own! Today was one of those days where I looked down and realized that Bauer, Cadance, and I were all wearing brown, blue, and white. Then I looked at Matt and he was wearing a blue tie with a white shirt. It was definitely a blue day! It happens quite frequently that I won't notice until halfway through the day that I've dressed the three of us in the same color/color schemes and I always think of that book. Am I the only one who does this?

8 comments:

Marianne & Clayton said...

I do! Only I usually put a little effort into it. I'll pick something out for either Eleanor or myself to wear, and I can't have them clash. Then I try to persuade Clayton to coordinate as well. He just rolls his eyes at me.

You guys look adorable.

Alyson said...

I totally do it too! hOW funny!

Linz said...

Man such a cute family.

Becca said...

I have actually noticed that at work people wear the same colors. I will go into my bosses office for our morning meeting and out of 14 of us we will have at least 5 or more wearing the same color shirt! It is crazy, and all the boys laugh at me because I notice. I think that a lot of people get on the brain waves depending on the weather and other factors to wear a certain color!

Tony and Traci said...

I think we subconsciously do those things. I know Tony and I have matched plenty of times not realizing it.

J.C. Carlson said...

Look at Cadance's sweet little foot!

Rylie said...

Such a cute picture!

The Richardson Clan said...

How funny! I love that book by the way. It's one of my favorites.