Nov 7, 2009

My Day

Today while Matt was working the football game, I decided to run a few errands with both of the kids. I usually try not to go to too many places with them (especially right in a row) but after being cooped up all week I just wanted to get out.

I wanted to stop at Hobby Lobby and it was our third store of the day. I was looking for stuff to make a wreath since it was all 50% off! I searched and searched, found some stuff, found some different stuff, put the first things back, found some other things, put the second group of stuff back and on and on and on. If I don't have an idea in my head and I can't find any inspiration then I just wander around aimlessly wasting a bunch of time.

So, we ended up making our way over to look at the grapevine wreaths (Cadance has been yelling and screaming quite a bit by this point, some of it happy, some of it not) and Bauer was understandably restless. All of a sudden, in the middle of my wreath inspecting, the fire alarm went off! I whipped my head around to see what was going on and who should I find standing by the emergency exit door plugging his ears? I'll give you one guess!

One of the employees came right over and I told her that Bauer had set it off so they wouldn't think anything serious was going on. Usually in a situation like that I take off running so nobody knows it was me (I must be growing up...)! Bauer felt so bad about it and was crying and kept apologizing for it. I felt so bad for him!

I think it's safe to say that most people would leave the store after something like that, but not me! We went to look at ribbon (also 50% off) and to get some sewing needles. After looking at all the ribbon and trying to match something to the stuff I had picked out for the wreath, I decided I wasn't having that much fun, and what's the point of shopping if you're not having fun?! I told Bauer, "Let's go put all this garbage back!" (which he then repeated all the way back to the Christmas section).

So, after almost an hour of being in the store listening to Cadance screaming and Bauer setting off fire alarms, I left with the $1.69 sewing needles...

An afternoon well spent.

7 comments:

Christine said...

I can't tell you how many times I did the exact same thing... and in that store, even!

Hobby Lobby is good for that kind of thing...

McGinnis Family said...

LOVE HOBBY LOBBY!!!!

Poor you! Your post made me tired! Been there done that. Except Connor has yet to pull the fire alarm. That just made your day that much more exciting, didn't it? How are the sewing needles?

Janee said...

Omg how funny!

LOVE your header pic! The kids are so cute!

J.C. Carlson said...

Aubrey, you are one entertaining person. Poor little Bau-Bau. Tell him I'm going to send him something to make him feel better!

Becca said...

Awww, poor Bauer. I bet that surprised him when he pulled that alarm. haha.

I just found out that we have a hobby lobby here, I was more than excited!

Linz said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Rylie said...

Bauer! Oh my goodness! This story made my day when I read it. I could spend hours and hours in Hobby Lobby and end up walking out with nothing. :)