Jan 22, 2010

TGIF

This week (as many may have guessed or have already heard me complain about) has been a really rough week. It's been one of those weeks that seems to last forever and you wish it would just go back to you-know-where because that's where it came from! I've been looking at these faces (sometimes with a few more tears, sometimes with a lot more tears) for the last five days....
Basically, I'm at the point where I'm barely surviving and I just keep telling myself, "Matt comes home at 5, Matt comes home at 5..." over and over.

The only thing keeping me going is knowing that somewhere in this mess of screaming, crying, and fit-throwing, these two people are going to come back (and hopefully very soon)...
Plus, today I decided in order to keep a shred of my sanity, I was going to take care of basic needs for everyone but then do something for myself. I was able to finish a new tutu for Cadance that will be making it's appearance around Valentine's Day. And now, I'm off to read until these monsters wake up again!

8 comments:

ashley said...

I hope tomorrow is a better day! It's Saturday so it has to be, right!? Your kiddos are still darn cute even with their "grumpy" faces.

KYLE and NATALIE KOESTER said...

You need to just send Bauer over to my place, we can zip him up in the trampoline and let him jump it out for a while. It always gets Evelyn worn out.

Marianne & Clayton said...

And I'll take little Cadance while you go to a movie or get a pedicure or something. Maybe just a nap. Seriously.

McGinnis Family said...

Wow, if I could put a post on how I'm feeling on the topic, I could just copy and paste everything you put, except change the names-of course. I feel ya'! Raise your glass of milk for a cheers 'cause here's to a better week for ya'!!!!

Becca said...

Hehe I agree...they still are super cuties even when they are being pills! I guess it is easier for me to say that because I dont have to experience it ;) I wish i were there and we could go out for some much needed R&R!

Linz said...

Next week HAS to be better, right??

Tony and Traci said...

I know exactly how you feel. I have been having one of those weeks too. At least you know when Matt is going to be home. I never know with Tony. Luckily I can burn some steam off in my workouts, but I haven't really had a whole lot of time to do something for myself. I only have one! I bet it's twice as hard with 2. Love you. You are a great mom.

Janee said...

Oh no! I feel your pain! My kiddos (and Dan) were ALL sick for the past 2 weeks. It was total and utter HELL.

Yes girl, do what you need to do to maintain your sanity! Deep cleansing breathe! Call in reinforcements if you need to! You are awesome and next week will be better!

((((Hugs))))