Jan 18, 2010

A Post About Nothing

I'm sitting here listening to Bauer running around like crazy in Cadance's room upstairs.....they're both supposed to be sleeping right now.

On Saturday night I was having one of those I'm-so-lucky-to-be-a-mom-and-I-love-my-family-more-than-I'll-ever-be-able-to-describe moments. It was overwhelming and I started envisioning all the pictures that I was going to take of Bauer and Cadance and the gushy post that I would put up about them...and then we had the worst night in 2010 Boardman family history. Bauer was up several times, Cadance woke up at least four times and had a screaming fit in the middle of the night, and then Bauer had an asthma attack at some point (the concept of time disappeared after about 2am). We "woke up" the next morning (meaning we got out of bed for good) to be greeted with a smiling baby and Bauer being his usual crazy, energetic self. Seriously, have these kids turned into little gremlins who can survive with little to no sleep?!

I can't survive without sleep. Nor can I survive without at least an hour of "me" time a day. (Okay, I'm lying, I need closer to three hours...)

And now the cat won't leave me alone.

5 comments:

J.C. Carlson said...

I don't know what you're complaining about. Sounds like a typical evening at home.

Linz said...

AGGGGH! The sentence about the cat totally cracked me up.

Tony and Traci said...

I had exactly one of those nights last night. I thought I was going to lose it. Landon was up practically all night long and there wasn't a single thing I could do about it. Needless to say we didn't have the best day the following morning

Janee said...

Sounds like an average night at my house! Ugh. Seriously I know what you mean!

Becca said...

Must of been something in the air! I hope that since youve had a restful night :)