I took Bauer to the library last week and, for the first time, thought it would be fun for him to try out books on tape/CD. I used to listen to them as a kid (as I'm sure most people did) and couldn't wait for him to try it out!
He's enjoyed them a lot, but the funniest thing for me is watching him try to figure a cassette tape out! This boy, who can figure out an iPhone, the Wii, and the computer all on his own, doesn't understand a tape. It makes me smile, but also makes me feel old...like when my mom used to talk to me about record players and 8 tracks (which, until I googled it a minute ago, I've spent my whole life thinking it was called an a-track).
Anyway, Cadance doesn't want to be left out, so whenever Bauer isn't looking she quickly crawls over and gets into some kind of mischief with the CD player. She looks so happy that I just can't tell her no!
3 comments:
Books on tape are awesome... we check those out all the time and love it. Although we had a habit of misplacing them so I had to ban it for a while. While I was reading your post a the "8 track tape" part I thought to myself, "Hmmm.. I think she means A-track tapes!" Haha. I was right there with you on that one!
You left out the part about how the one book on CD was published in 2008, but somehow the music journeyed to us from the 80's...
Love that this little guy likes to read so much. I remember staying up late at night and reading by my night-light until the late hours of the morning when I was just a little older than he is now.
Given how much you and I both like to read, I suppose that it was only natural that he would too. :)
Hey Aubrey it's Hannah I was looking at this picture and told Rachael "I can't believe you still have that radio!!"
Post a Comment