Apr 10, 2010

Cadance's Musical Party

For Cadance's party I decided since she doesn't have one thing yet that she's really interested in, we would base the theme off of her name! Drums and musical instruments were the entertainment for the day!Our friend Rylie surprised us with this precious birthday cake clip for Cadance to wear on her special day. I couldn't believe it, but she actually wore it until Matt took the headband off right before she had her cake! She must have really appreciated it because not only did she leave the clip on, she also......let Rylie hold her without crying! Cadance has had a bad habit of crying when certain people hold her and hopefully, now that she's older, she's wiser too and will allow those people who love her to hold her!
We started the party off with Follow the Rhythm. Cadance got to pat or clap a rhythm out and all of the other kids (some with their mom's help) had to see if they could follow it!
The babies really loved this game! We could have left it at that and they would have been more than happy!
Next we played March to the Beat. When the percussion music stopped everyone had to stop on a drum. Whoever was on the number that was picked got a mini-recorder as a prize!
Next, everyone got to choose an instrument that they wanted to play and we composed a one-of-a-kind song for Cadance!
After that it was time for cake and ice cream! This was the party cake...
...and this was Cadance's very own drum cake!
She started off a little timid...
...but then she dug right in! She really liked her cake and when she was finished she was ready to be out of her highchair and back to partying!
So, after she was all cleaned off, we opened presents! She kept trying to sneak off, obviously she doesn't quite understand yet what a privilege it is to be the one who gets to open the presents!
Once we opened a gift that she really wanted to play with, she snuck off into a corner with it and the other kids helped me open the rest. They totally understood the fun of tearing off wrapping paper!
After everyone left Bauer and Cadance had a blast playing with all of the wonderful toys Cadance received! Matt and I were overwhelmed with everyone's generosity, it's a wonderful thing to see how much your children are loved!
We had a few family gifts that we saved for after the party. Cadance had a great time playing with this musical card that Matt's grandma got for her!
And my mom got Cadance this beautiful (but very breakable) tea set! Needless to say I couldn't let Cadance's curious little fingers touch this just yet...she's going to have to wait until I can trust her not to break something!
All in all, I think everyone had a good time (I know I did!). Cadance was totally worn out after the party and passed out in my arms when I was rocking her so I'd say it was a success!

I just want to say a gigantic thank you to everyone who came and everyone who helped in any large or small way! We love our friends and families so much!
Here's the video of Cadance's special birthday song!

7 comments:

Janet said...

What a fun party! I wish I could have been there, especially to hold Cadance while all that noise was going on! I don't think she knows what to make of it all! Happy First Birthday Cadance!

Becca said...

Haha, that was cute. It looks like it was a bunch of fun. It was cute to see her so interested in what was going on around her. Happy Birthday Cady!

Stephanie said...

I can't believe she's one already! Once again, you did a great job on her photos. Her outfit is perfect for those beautiful blue eyes! The party looks like it was a hit. You always do such a great job with themes. That cake rocks!

The Insane Louthains said...

Happy Birthday Cadence! Seriously that cake is ADORABLE! I nominate you "Queen of party planning"!!

Linz said...

AHHHHHHHHH! I LOVE IT ALL!!!!! You are an inspiring mother. Happy Birthday Cadence!

Janee said...

You always have the best party ideas! How fun! Happy birthday Cadance!

Marianne & Clayton said...

It was such a fun party! I can honestly say that Eleanor had a blast. Little Cadance was a perfect princess for her big day!