May 4, 2010

No Creative Title

Last night, right in the middle of a conversation about how many kids Matt and I were planning on having, Bauer and Cadance came running/crawling out of Cadance's room looking like this:No, we don't have albino children, they just discovered the joy that is baby powder!They were both covered from head to toe in powder! This picture doesn't look that bad, until you look at the skin right above Cadance's diaper and you can see what color her skin should be!And, no, there's nothing wrong with my camera or the flash, that white haze is air born baby powder...
Bauer floofing a big powder puff into the air...Cadance getting ready to take a powder bath!
Powder all of the mirror! (I didn't know baby powder could stick to a mirror like that!)
There was so much powder floating around in the room that when Matt went in to vacuum it all up he couldn't breath! Thankfully I had just gotten some face masks a couple days before so he didn't have meet his end. Matt Boardman - COD: Asphyxiation by baby powder.

Needless to say, we didn't finish our conversation, but I think the conclusion was made all the same! Two kids are enough for us!

15 comments:

Marianne & Clayton said...

Holy cow Aubrey! That is ridiculous and seriously hilarious! My brothers did that with our family's food storage flour when they were kids and when we moved out of that house like 20 years later, we were still finding flour in crevices and whatnot. Good thing those two are so darn cute!

KYLE and NATALIE KOESTER said...

That's awesome, I mean maybe not at the moment, but a funny situation. Evelyn would have loved to be over at that time cause she would have been right in the action.

McGinnis Family said...

OH! MY! GOSH!!!!!!! I have NO WORDS!!!! Wow!!!!

Ann said...

Oh man! That's not fun to clean up, but I bet they had a TON of funing making the mess! The pictures are awesome!

Janet said...

I seem to recall a very similar incident involving a three-year-old Aubrey oh-so-many-years-ago. As a matter of fact, I have a photo of my own. So, it's a good thing you reacted with humor because otherwise, I'd have to blackmail you with your own antics!

Janet said...

P.S. Just so you know, I expect more than two grandchildren from you.

Chad & Marisa said...

Oh my Aubrey! Seriously, so funny! I can't believe how much there was all over the place! Your kids are so dang cute. And I am impressed you took pictures, something you will always want to remember! Love it.

Becca said...

HA.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! WOW! That is pretty funny. Only because it was not me that had to deal with it. I could see that being frustrating, but at least like others have said they are so stinkin cute that it is hard to be mad at those cutie baby loves!

I agree with Janet...you two make such cute babies you need to have more...and more...and more. You know that show, what is it...18 and counting? ;)

Noni said...

HA! Pay back time! I recall someone else doing the exact same thing when HE was about that age only I don't have pictures. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. I'm with Grammie Dearest.

Sarah said...

I have come to the same conclusion myself, many, many times. But still... questions arise...

Linz said...

I love how they discovered it together. Two siblings getting into mischief! This will be a moment you will re-tell to them again and again!!!

Brian and Erika Hogge said...

That's awesome! I love your kids, and I'm dang impressed you just happened to have masks - holy Holly Housewife, Aubrey

The Richardson Clan said...

So this is what having two will be like huh? Double the trouble and triple the messes they can make together. Maybe two is a good number to stop at huh? Lol this was hilarious to read.

Ruth said...

It is frightening how much fun they can have together that spells trouble for you! Did it bother Bauer's asthma at all?

Jared and Sarah said...

Holy Smokes! That's a lot of baby powder! Bauer's hair looks almost red in that first picture. His hair is getting dark!