We did spend last weekend getting ready and having the world's lamest yard sale. We put a lot of work into it and literally had about 7 people show up! One lady stopped by only because she used to live in the house next to us and she thought I might want to know the history behind it...seriously...
Oh well, we made a few dollars, took a bunch of stuff to Goodwill, and listed all of our big items on Craigslist!
Anyway, after the work of the yard sale was out of the way we got to the good stuff! On Monday we headed over to Lake Lansing for a picnic and fun in the sand. On our way out of the driveway we met the neighborhood turtle so we had to take a few pictures of him before we left. Bauer also offered him some Skittles as a snack.
After our picnic we had a little too much fun with my camera taking some family pictures! (I have to add that it's virtually impossible to take self portrait pictures with my camera, hence the double chin in most of them...)
After we finished eating we headed over to the lake to play in the sand and water. I didn't bring swim suits because I wasn't sure if anyone was actually going to get wet! Turns out I should have brought Bauer's. I eventually just took his shirt off and he got his shorts completely soaked! Once we had our fill of the sand and water we got in the car and headed to 7/11 and got some slushies. A yummy end to a fun day!
3 comments:
Oh man. You guys are the cutest! How fun!
Angela told me about your sad yard sale. Wish we were in town so we could have come. Alas.
Love, love, love the picture collages. P.S. If you thought someone might not notice the one of Bauer's bum you were wrong. What a funny kid he is! You are encouraging us to go visit all the fun Michigan stuff out there. Love it!
Beautiful photos! And, say, was that turtle running loose? It's a bit large, wouldn't you say?
Post a Comment