On Saturday (the last Saturday that Matt has off for a very long time) I couldn't take sitting around the house any longer and surprised everyone by taking them to Castaway Cafe! I've been wanting to go there for almost 2 years now and just finally got around to it! We had SO much fun! We hardly saw Bauer at all the whole time because he just took off, made a bunch of instant friends, and convinced some other kid's dad to buy him a slushie! It took Cadance a while to warm up to the place, but after we had gotten something to eat she decided it wasn't such a scary place after all! She climbed into the play area and was having such a good time that Matt took his shoes off again and came up because he was jealous of all the fun we were having! I think Bauer summed our experience up by asking as soon as we got out to the car, "Can we just come back here tomorrow? I think that's a good idea!"
Among other things, Cadance has decided she's much too independent to be fed anymore and insists upon feeding herself now! Unfortunately, most of the food inevitably ends up on the tray, bib, her clothes, and the floor...
Bauer spends most of his days playing with his imaginary friends and counting down the days, hours, and minutes until his birthday! He asks me everyday if he's 5 yet only to be disappointed when I tell him no. It'll come soon enough!
And when these two aren't fighting, it's heaven. (Although they seem to be fighting an awful lot lately, which is why we have to get out of the house almost everyday!)
2 comments:
I have never heard of Castaway Cafe! Looks like a way fun place. And it is heaven when kids aren't fighting isn't it?
Such fun, happy times you guys are having together! Your little ones are so sweet and cute! Give them hugs and kisses from Mimi-Dearest!
Post a Comment