Oct 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Last night concluded our Halloween fun. We went to a Halloween party that included trunk-or-treating.Bauer and Cadance had an absolutely wonderful time! Bauer took off with a bunch of his friends so we only caught occasional glimpses of him. I took Cadance trunk-or-treating while Matt passed out candy and she just loved it! She totally understood the whole carry-my-bucket-while-looking-cute-and-people-will-give-me-candy thing. She also caught on to the fact that she could grab a huge handful of candy from a bowl and nobody would care because she is so darn sweet! (I'm sure it also helped that her hands aren't that big to begin with!)My big plan of having a family-themed costume idea didn't work out this year...oh well. Matt's department at work dressed up as different characters from Saturday Night Live. Matt and a couple other guys dressed up as the Swerski Superfans, I think his costume turned out great!
I dressed up as Aubrey Doll! Aubrey Doll was my doll that my mom made for me when I was seven. I slept with her for ten years until she finally started falling apart. She holds a very special place in my heart so this is my tribute to her!

Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

Janet said...

Thank you for posting all the great pictures. A great big special thank you for loving Aubrey Doll so much. I enjoyed sewing her for you, and I'm so happy you loved her almost as much as I love you!

Becca said...

I saw your picture on FB and was trying to figure out what the heck Matt was! Love the costumes! Im sure Cadance could have swipped it all, because she IS so stinkin cute!

Janee said...

Love the costumes! So cute!

Natalie Koester said...

Great costume ideas, I always liked how you got your whole family involved. Looks like you all had a very fun filled Halloween. Hope you're doing well and it's nice to see some blogging again!

Brian and Erika Hogge said...

I bet your doll is jealous of how awesome you look! ;-)
Love the pictures! You guys look great!

Dawn said...

I love your costume! You're so creative Aubrey! I cannot believe how big Cadance has gotten. Okay...and Bauer too!! Holy cow!