Dec 9, 2010

Feeling Stressed

What I really want to do is write a huge long venting post...but I guess I shouldn't do that. I've just been feeling a little (ok, a lot) frustrated lately with all the things that I want/need to do and can't seem to get done because I don't have the time or the energy. Having kids is hard work! Anyone who says otherwise has obviously never had children...

One thing that I've really slacked on lately is taking pictures. Shocking, I know. We've just been so busy with day-to-day life that nothing super exciting seems to be happening. One thing I am trying to be better at is doing more crafts with Bauer and Cadance. Now that Bauer does crafts/activities/coloring at school he's more willing to do it at home. Unfortunately, I feel like it's 30 minutes of preparation, 5 minutes of the actual craft, and then 30 more minutes of clean-up!Anyway, about a month ago Matt got each of them an airplane painting kit. They had a lot of fun, maybe a little too much fun, working on them. I love how Cadance was so serious about her technique!
And, totally random, but everything about this post is, Cadance's favorite book right now is Brown Bear, Brown Bear. When we read it to her we have to read it at least twice through, but it's usually about five times in one sitting!

Well, the good thing is that in the course of typing up this post I've been reminded how much I really do love my kids (it's been a rough evening) and Cadance has stopped crying up in her crib. This really was better than a big rant that would only make me angrier.

8 comments:

Alyson said...

I think it must be a Winter thing. I really am fighting the urge to vent myself. You are someone I need to be like. Doing activities like that with your kids is so brave! I am always afraid of what the clean-up will entail. You should get your camera out more often. You don't want your talent to go to waste! ;)

Linz said...

Oh sistah, I am so with you! Today was horrible and I am toast tonight. We're all in this together!


My favorite gift that I'm giving this year is a photo book based on Brown bear brown bear! But it's Silas, Silas who do you see? And then it goes through him and his siblings and cousins. Feel free to steal the idea for Cadance!

Alexis said...

I love those painting pictures (especially the close up one of Cadance's cute little hand!) Glad you made it through a rough night. No fun!

Janee said...

Tis the season! I've been feeling stressed too. Ugh. You're not alone girlfriend!

(I did a gingerbread house with Maya the other night and I wanted to pull my freakin hair out)

Johanna said...

Haha well obviously none of us is alone in our being stressed out by being a mom. Glad I am not the only one needed to take a moment to reflect and remember why I love me kids.

Janet said...

Every thing that's worthwhile takes a lot of work. Nothing is more worthy of our time than our children.

Aner said...

I am glad I'm not the only one! I've had one heck of a week. Cabin fever is to blame, I'm sure.

Becca said...

I could just imagine how stressful kids could be. Remember to feel blessed that on top of it all, you dont have to work (outside the home)...all mothers impress me, but talk about stretching your time! :)