The rest of my mom's visit was pretty low-key. After our big weekend in the Windy City we just mostly hung out in the house and did stuff with the kids.

One of the things my mom got for Bauer for Christmas was a kit with different science experiments in it. They did all sorts of crazy stuff! They made big squishy crystals, a mini volcano, changed water to different colors with coloring and citric acid, and more. They just had a blast!

Then someone
(I still don't know who, so if you're out there, please let me know who you are so I can thank you!) sent Bauer a Martian Matter kit. He and Grammie spent quite a bit of time making all kinds of crazy aliens for Bauer to play with, dissect, or decapitate! We also took him to the planetarium to see a show which, of course, he loved!

Cadance had a harder time warming up to my mom this trip. She liked my mom when it was in her best interest, like when my mom was reading books or holding a handful of food Cadance wanted to eat. Cadance did play with my mom when she opened the clock puzzle gift that my mom gave her for Christmas and she would blow her a kiss and say "Bye!" when it was time for bed...and that was about it!
Bauer, on the other hand, couldn't get enough of my mom! He even tried to fake being sick so he could stay home from school one day! He's cried a few times since last night when he realized that she was leaving this morning. He has told me several times today that he's not very happy that she had to go home. I agree! But we're already planning another visit and, as far as I'm concerned, it can't come soon enough!
2 comments:
So much fun with grammie! I am glad that she was able to visit!
I loved every minute of my trip. I hated to leave. I was so tempted to hide Bauer in my suitcase and spirit him away! I love you, my special little guy! (Cadance too, but she's not ready to hear it yet.)
Post a Comment