Feb 17, 2011

Aquarium of the Pacific

After whale watching we headed over the the Aquarium. It was so much fun, I can't wait to take Bauer and Cadance to it!There were divers in some of the tanks so that you could take pictures of/with them. If you look closely you can see that this diver is posing right along with Sarah and Becca!I thought this was so cool. It's a baby shark growing in its pod. They were able to cut a small portion of the side out so that you could actually see the baby shark growing inside of it.How many sharks do you see in this picture?We also got to see a small show with the seals and sea lions.This is kind of a weird angle, but the sea lion is jumping out of the water straight at the camera."Can I have some more?""Oh dah-ling, this is my best angle."We also got to pet a stingray. There were small sharks in there but none of them were close enough to the surface. I know they supposedly wouldn't bite as long as you didn't put your hand in their mouth, but I wasn't going to test by sticking my hand all the way to the bottom to pet one!I think this ray actually liked being petted. It kept swimming back and forth in front of where I was standing!I don't remember the names of these birds, but I think they were from Australia. I don't know who that girl was, but I thought it was so neat that the bird was sitting on her hand drinking the nectar!This puffin kept swimming at the window trying to get to Matt.Octopuses are some of the coolest and weirdest creatures in my book. I actually really like learning about them and watching them crawl and climb around. I even got to see this octopus change colors!Now these creatures, on the other hand, are disgusting! Alright, they're kind of interesting, too... They're spider crabs. I don't know exactly how big these two were, but they can grow to have a leg span of 12 feet. 12 feet!!
Can you believe that I used to try to limit my posts to 5 pictures? Ha! Not anymore! Now my posts are all pictures with some text here and there to break it up.

5 comments:

Tony and Traci said...

Way cool! I'm glad you guys had a good time. I wish we could have gone down with you.

Janet said...

The colors of some of those creatures is beautiful. Nice shots. Oh, I think there's four sharks in the picture?

Becca said...

I didnt even see the octopus!!!

Linz said...

Gorgeous pictures, my dear! As always!

Jared and Sarah said...

I didn't see the octopus either!!!