Be
forewarned...Matt and I went on our very first vacation alone since having Bauer and
Cadance and I took a
lot of pictures!
We've been planning this trip to Los Angeles
(and already had our place tickets) since before Matt even heard about his new job. I wanted a chance to see the place that we would most likely
eventually end up living, not once thinking that Matt would be moving there a week after we got back from our trip. I'm so glad that we were able to go because now I'm not so scared. Now I'm extra bummed that we won't be going with him right away because we had such a good time and there's so much more that I want to do out there!

I'm just going to say this to get it out of the way: Matt and I ate a
ton of delicious meals! Food so good that I felt like Brian Regan eating his thousand dollar plate of food and crying because it was so delicious! The hotel breakfast buffet, Cheesecake Factory, The Kettle at Manhattan Beach! Mmm-mmm. Anyway...

Becca, Sarah, and Jared were able to come out for the weekend, too. We started out our trip by going to the Griffith Observatory in Griffith Park. The park was gorgeous and huge with tons of trails. I wish we could've walked around or brought a picnic with us!

Our future home of LA is right behind us. And by "right behind", I mean sprawling as far and wide as the eye can see...

Live Long and Prosper...in California.

There were so many cool things in the observatory. I can't wait to bring Bauer back here some day!

The big, ol' telescope!

One man against the big city. Just a little daunting but I know Matt is up to the task.

But do you think Albert E. is up to taking on the five of us?

Only if it's one-on-one, I guess!
(We're just as bad as all the kids who were climbing all over Albert's statue!)
There will definitely be plenty of things for Bauer to learn when we do get a chance to take him to the Observatory!

On top of everything else we got to see, we were able to watch the sun set over the Pacific Ocean. Beautiful end to a great afternoon! And then out to dinner at Cheesecake Factory (my first time ever) where I ate asparagus (I know!) and the most delicious cheesecake my tastebuds have ever encountered!
4 comments:
Okay this trip looks so amazing and it looks like you guys totally knew the best things to check out on your trip.
Don't tell me; let me guess. Since Einstein grappled with the same question for the last twenty years of his life, you whispered the answer to him: You gave him the equation to the Theory of Everything! I taught you well!
Hehe! Love it! The shadow picture of us is great!
Sprawling LA is just a bit bigger than East Lansing. Looks like such a fun trip. I am glad that you got to get away with Matt before he goes away.
Post a Comment