Where did my baby go?? Happy birthday to our sweet little girl! I can't believe two years have gone by so quickly. It feels like we just brought her home from the hospital last week! (Although I have the crayon all over my house to prove otherwise.)
I had asked Bauer to think of something special we could do for Cadance on her birthday and, after taking a night to think about it, he came up with, "Balloons." Balloons it is! I must have blown up about 50 balloons for Cadance to walk out to this morning and it was totally worth it! She walked out of her room with her blanket and little plush clown fish, froze, dropped her things without another thought, and, after a deep intake of breath, she was off!
Good thinking, Bauer! They must have played with those balloons for at least 20 minutes straight and hopefully they'll get another 20 minutes tomorrow morning, too!
While they were playing, I started preparing a special birthday breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. C is for Cadance, it's good enough to eat!
After breakfast (and baths) we called Matt on Skype so Cadance could open her birthday presents. She was so excited when I brought them up! I had gotten her a small farm book, a big book about cats, and a Care Bears DVD. Matt sent her a book all about Sparty walking around MSU's campus. Anyone surprised??
Then, a little siesta before we were on to more fun things! After the kids got up from their naps we walked over to the park since it was gorgeous out today!
Warm enough to take our jackets off! Finally!
After the park, I ordered pizza and we went over to Lake Lansing to enjoy a Pizza Picnic! Gorgeous day, gorgeous girl, perfect pizza! (Bauer is missing because he was giving himself a heart attack because of the bugs flying around his head.) We also played for a little bit at the park over there, too. So much fun!
Then, off to Maggie Moo's for Cadance's free birthday ice cream and back home to watch a little bit of her new movie. Great end to a great day! It went by way too fast! Good thing her party is next week so we have more celebrations to come.Happy Birthday Cadance! You're the perfect fit for our family!
4 comments:
Such a happy day! How wonderful that you and the children had such a lovely birthday day with Cadance! We are all so lucky to have her in our lives!
I know right! Jadan turns 2 in June and I'm like what the heck?!
Looks like you guys had a great day! Cadance is adorable!
Pretty in purple! Happy Birthday silly girl! I can't believe it's been two years! Where does the time go? Love you! :)
Happy Birthday to a cutie baby love! It looks like she had a very fun Birthday!!
Post a Comment