Our little kitten is turning 2,
And we want to share our day with you.
So gather your litter of mewling cats,
Put on their mittens and their hats.
Then come on over to the Boardman house,
We need some help catching a mouse!
And while you're here we'll have some fun,
Celebrating the birth of our little one!
About a week after her birthday, we had Cadance's party! We started things off with making kitty collars out of yarn, Fruit Loops, and name tags! Cadance, or Cupcake, which is what I chose for her, decided she would rather eat the cereal than participate! I can't say I'm surprised.
Bauer, or Bolt, took Cadance's spot in all of our games since she didn't want anything to do with most of them! Oh well, she's two. Like I said, I'm not surprised!
After the collars we played a meowing game where all the kids had to pretend they were cats and try to sound like happy, sad, mad, or tired kitties! Then, we played Thirsty Kitty and they had to race to see who could drink water out of a bowl the fastest! Next we played a game where the kids passed around a ball of yarn while music was playing. When the music stopped the person holding the yarn won a prize! It really turned into a game of who-can-unwind-the-most-yarn-on-their-turn!
Then, I discovered a mouse hiding in our kitchen and we looked outside and noticed the whole backyard was filled with mice!
All of our kitties formed a mouse hunting party and searched high and low to find them all!
Well, except for Cadance. She hung out with Noni for most of her party!
I actually captured Cadance looking at the camera in this crazy attempt at a group picture!
And the rest of the kids looking at the camera (kind of)!
Back inside for cake and presents!
Cadance was kind of a mess and was really unhappy about being put in her high chair until we gave her a snack to eat while we were singing to her.
At least she wanted to blow the candles out!
(Thank you Jody for capturing this rare occurrence!)
The kids enjoying their cupcakes...
...and Cadance enjoying her cake!
And then, everyone gathered 'round to open the presents.
Love this picture!! I think I said this about Bauer's party too, but kids just can't resist the pull of opening a present!
After the party ended, we set up Cadance's playhouse that she got from Noni and Poppy. She absolutely loves that thing and can usually be found in there if she's not in her crib!
Peek-a-boo!
And we want to share our day with you.
So gather your litter of mewling cats,
Put on their mittens and their hats.
Then come on over to the Boardman house,
We need some help catching a mouse!
And while you're here we'll have some fun,
Celebrating the birth of our little one!
Happy Birthday Cadance!! You're the greatest kitten we could have asked for!! (Picture taken by Bauer Boardman)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Cupcake! People who get invites to your parties must be so stoked! Always a blast!
Awww shes so darling. I love the picture of Bauer kissing her cheek...it is so sweet!
2?! Where has the time gone? It seems like only a few months ago we went on that crazy road trip. :) Your kid's are just the cutest! I love that party idea! The mice are adorable!
Post a Comment