May 19, 2011

Bicycle Built for Two

I've been wanting a seat to go on the back of my bike for a while (I wish I had just gotten it last year) so I finally went out and got one! I have a cart but it's packed all the way in the back of our under-the-stairs storage area and a pain in the behind to take down and set up every time I want to use it. Oh, to have a garage!But, I digress. I have a seat, and Cadance loves it! We've been on 5 bike rides so far and it's been so nice. We leave right after Bauer gets on the bus and ride for about 20-30 minutes and then come back home and have breakfast.Cadance had so much fun the first time we went out that she did not want to get out of the seat. When I pulled up to the house she started frantically grabbing my hand and pushed it back towards the bike handle. What I finally did wrestle her out of the seat she screamed and cried for almost a half an hour!Thankfully, she's been better since then. I think she was afraid she wouldn't be able to go on another ride. Now she knows we'll probably be going out again the next day so there's no need to cry about it. That, and I wait to feed her until we get back so that she'll actually want to go back in the house!

1 comment:

Janet said...

What a sweet girl! Reminds me of when I'd give her Aunt Hannah rides on the back of my bike!