
Crissy and I had been planning to go camping this summer and it worked out that we were able to go while Rachael and Bryce were here! It was Bryce's first time camping and I think he probably had the best first camping experience ever!

Crissy's dad came up with the jet skis again and we couldn't wait to get on the lake!

Bauer was feeling okay about things until he realized what was really going to happen. He doesn't like to be in water he can't stand in. I made him try it and I'm proud of him for that, even if he did spend most of the time asking to go back to the beach!

Cadance, on the other hand, did a great job! The lake was pretty choppy so we couldn't go too fast
(which I wouldn't have anyway) so we averaged about 13 mph. I did get up to about 20 at one point but that was way too fast. She just sat there holding onto the middle of the handle bars like nothing was going on.

Bryce, who's turned out to be a daredevil, loved it!

And, we all got to go tubing, too! Rachael went out with Bryce and Bauer first. Bryce was on one side of her saying, "Faster, faster!" and Bauer was on the other side saying, "Slower, slower!" Then I took a turn with Bryce and Cadance and then Crissy took a turn with Bryce. I don't know what happened after that because at that point Bauer had pretty much reached his water max for the day. I had both of them with me on the big jet ski and we had to maneuver our way back to the shore without pushing the gas. We had to putt along because he just couldn't take the speed anymore. Oh well, I'm really proud of him for being adventurous enough to try everything!

We all got changed and headed back to our campsite to get some dinner and set everything up. The boys helped Crissy's dad gather firewood while Rachael, Crissy, and I set up our massive tent. We then stayed up until after midnight eating s'mores and playing games around the campfire. It was so much fun! I love that Bauer
(Cadance was already sleeping) is at the age now that we can do fun stuff like that!

Back up the next morning to have breakfast, take down our campsite, and head back over to the lake for more swimming. It was a beautiful day, perfect weather, and the water felt so nice! We swam for a few hours and then it was time to say goodbye to Crissy. Rachael and I really weren't ready to come back home so we decided to take a "short" detour and go up to Mackinac City! We were already so far north that we just wanted to take advantage of it!

We were so glad that we did! We had lunch in town and then headed over to a rocky beach right next to the bridge. It was so dang gorgeous! Just look at that water!

Of course, it helps when the kids are this cute, too!


The kids had fun throwing rocks in the water. It was just so beautiful and nice that we didn't want to leave but we wanted to get back before midnight so we had to. What an awesome weekend!!
1 comment:
Looks like such a beautiful day! Who doesn't love the Mackinac bridge! Gotta love the Dobson's toys and their penchant for sharing!
Post a Comment