Aug 21, 2011

Little Berries

I've been wanting to go berry picking for a while and we just haven't found a good day/time/place. So one morning, a couple weeks ago, my only mission was to find a place to go berry picking and just go!I found a place (that was kind of a drive) that had both blueberries and raspberries available for picking. I packed the kids in the car and off we went! It's similar to Uncle John's Cider Mill in that they had a little store, cider and donuts, and a play area. We got some donuts and snacked while we waited for the hay wagon to come pick us up to take us to the berry patches!Cadance was totally channeling Blueberries for Sal all day. I don't think she wanted to leave! She picked and picked and picked and ate and ate and ate those berries like we were in the last blueberry patch on Earth. She didn't care if they were ripe or not, they all went right into her little mouth!Bauer, that rascal, spent the whole time we were picking blueberries asking when we were going to go pick raspberries, and then spent the whole time we were picking raspberries asking when we were going to go home. I finally had to tell him to go sit quietly and wait for the hay wagon just so I could pick in peace!Again, Cadance picked and ate any raspberry she found! There weren't many, but she made the most of it.Then, we went to the playground and the kids had a blast! They did not want to leave! I finally had to drag them away because there was a restaurant nearby that has an amazing fried cheesecake dessert that I'd been craving for a year and I wanted to get some while we were out there.
Unfortunately, the detour to the restaurant took more time than I thought and we had to rush out of there so we could make it back home for Bauer's karate class. I thought I would be clever and find my own route home instead of taking the time to drive back to the freeway. Well, we ended up with several detours and more than one dirt road! It probably took us twice as long to get back! Needless to say, we missed karate.

4 comments:

Janet said...

I love seeing my little sweeties so happy and having so much fun! Sorry about the detour! Thank goodness for make-up Karate classes!

Tony and Traci said...

Cute pictures! I cant belive how big Cadance has gotten. What a cutie!

Janee said...

Awwww! I miss UJ's! Can you ship me some cider and donuts pretty please! Seriously, Candance is such a big girl I can't believe it.

Ruth said...

All day, everyday by yourself and you are still always on the go doing fun things like an amusement park and the cider mill! I love the Michigan fall.