All I am going to say
(since I'm tired of starting of my posts with big long excuses for my absence) is: "My apologies."

Way back before school started I took the kids to the Detroit Science Center. They had a travelling dinosaur exhibit that I wanted to go to since that's been our new thing this summer. Dinosaur documentaries, dinosaur books, and a few dinosaur toys! I've been loving it and so have they.

We got to do all sorts of crazy fun things! We played in a band, lifted a 1,000 lbs weight, launched pop bottle rockets, and saw a live electricity show among other things!

We also went to Kidtown and played there for a while! This was a nice break for me because it was one room with lots of little activities and I didn't have to watch both of them like a hawk. It's kind of hard to enjoy the museum when both kids are running in two different directions and disappearing behind displays! Cadance really scared me one time when I couldn't find her for a minute!

They loved this! The air was blowing the small, plastic balls in the air and they both thought that was really cool. Then Cadance decided, "Hmm, if the little balls work...I bet this big one works too!" It didn't.

Then the cutest chefs ever served me a very delicious
(and healthy) lunch! I also want to point out that Cadance found those over-sized flowers as soon as we got into the room and she picked a bouquet of them that went everywhere with her! She was
really mad at me when we couldn't take them with us through the rest of the museum...

Look at that cool rocket!

Along with the museum pass, our tickets got us into a planetarium show and an IMAX show! We went to see the Dinosaur Planet planetarium show which we all really liked.

Here we are waiting to for the Dinosaurs Alive! IMAX show to start. We were looking at the two cases that they had right outside the door and found this awesome Megalodon tooth! That was one of the specific prehistoric creatures that we had learned about from one of the documentaries and we thought it was so stinking cool!! There was also a Sea Monsters show that Bauer really
really really wanted to go to and I said we
might...and then I looked on Netflix and found it on Instant Watch! Lucky us!

After all the waiting...we finally made it to the dinosaurs! It wasn't as big of an exhibit as I thought it was going to be, but the kids loved it! Some of them were animatronic dinosaurs so the kids could push buttons and make parts of them move.

That was definitely Cadance's favorite part!

See that little baby dinosaur on the bottom in the middle? Yeah, Bauer kept talking about how "cute" it was and he insisted that I take a picture of it!

They were also able to dig up dino tracks! Cadance basically spent the whole time running back and forth between the buttons and the brushes. Bauer and I walked around and looked at everything else. The one that he's standing in front of in the middle on the bottom is a Protoceratops and a Velociraptor. That was something that we had learned about during our "studies";
two dinosaurs that had died while locked in combat: a Protoceratops and a Velociraptor. I think that's what this exhibit was about...if not, it should have been! Also, he's standing next to the skull of an Allosaurus...would you want to see that coming after you??

Crazy, huh??

Anyway, we had a really great day! Bauer still tells me several times a week about how much he misses the museum and that he wants to go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment