Dec 9, 2007

Good and Bad

Well, my mom got here safe and sound and it's been so great having her here! She's only been here a couple days but it's already been an interesting visit. We went to the ward Christmas party on Friday night and had a good time. However, Bauer ended up having a huge accident in his pants and had to spend half of the evening running around in his shirt, diaper and shoes! I thought we were past that stage so I never have any extra clothes for him so that was a little embarrassing.

Then, at 4:45 am on Saturday, I woke up and felt absolutely horrible. I was so sick to my stomach that I couldn't shift sleeping positions without feeling like I was going to throw up. It took two hours of alternating between tossing and turning and sitting over the toilet before I eventually threw up. It was so disgusting! I felt a little better and was actually able to get some sleep after that. When I finally did get up on Saturday all I could do was lay on the couch all day and sip water. I almost plugged my ears and started humming when Matt and my mom started talking about what they wanted for dinner because it just made me feel even worse! By the end of the day I was able to choke down some saltines and then just went to bed at 9. I feel a thousand times better today but we all ended up staying home from church (which is where we should be right now!). I did go to choir practice but stood way off to the side so I didn't contaminate anyone.

I don't know what I would have done if my mom wasn't here. She and Bauer just played together all day! Not to mention she brought lots of presents with her so Bauer had a lot of new things to play with! Here are a few pictures of them playing together.


Bauer made his Grammie get in this little pop-up train so that she could play with him. He wanted me to get in too, but it was quite a tight squeeze so that didn't last very long!

1 comment:

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

So sorry you've been sick! Seriously what would we do with out our moms???