Mar 25, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Spring cleaning, here we go! I've really been itching to get my house organized from top to bottom. I'm so tired of all the stuff that we have and never use (and we have a lot!). I'm also extra motivated to get things done quickly since we're having friends visiting this weekend who have to stay in our guest bedroom/storage room! We don't have a lot of storage space so our extra bedroom has turned into a catch all. So, beginning last night, I (with a little help from Matt) pulled everything out of our actual storage space, organized it all and threw away the stuff we didn't need, and re-organized everything to utilize the space that we do have! I really have to say that I'm proud of all the work I got accomplished in the last day, but I am beat!!

I took a couple pictures, but only after I finished everything. Believe me, I wouldn't want anyone to see what it looked like before (although, embarrassingly enough, a few of you have!).

All the stuff we donated to Goodwill. It felt so good to get it out of our house!

Our storage space under our stairs. Before I organized it probably less than half of this stuff actually fit in because we weren't making the most of the space that we had.

Ta da! This is for the benefit of those who saw this room before today! Just imagine that whole back wall covered with stuff......not to mention the middle of the room.......and right by the door when you first walk in......well, you get the idea!

And after all that work who wouldn't deserve a nice soak in the tub?

And now, it's off to bed and I hope I sleep for about 13 hours!!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Good for you Aubrey! I should do spring cleaning, but I'm too lazy! I did get my floors cleaned today. Your room looks great!

sugar_cookie said...

Wow what a differnce! I just can't seem to really find time to get the rest of the house cleaned with Bryce and homework and the fact that I'm a tad bit lazy.

Aner said...

Looks Good! I love getting rid of stuff. We took probably 4x that much to Goodwill in one load last summer - and I have more to go already - honestly I don't know where it all comes from! We might even do a rummage this year, depends on how ambitious we get.

Janee said...

That's awesome! Doesn't it feel SO good to get rid of crap you don't need/use?! I can't wait to do my spring cleaning - I have to wait until I'm done with finals unfortunately...

McGinnis Family said...

That looks awesome! So clean and organized! Way to go!

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

I really am so impressed! Are you up for hire? Just joking, no but really are you? I really am kidding. I hope you have fun with your friends this weekend!