Sep 27, 2008

A Day on the Farm

Bauer experienced his first field trip yesterday with his preschool group! Our theme this month for our lessons was "Farm Animals" so we wanted to go see some of the animal barns on MSU's campus. We started with the horses and they ended up being the only animals we saw!

This horse was all by itself in this particular pen, and for a good reason! He must've been having some intestinal issues because we left when standing downwind of him proved to be hazardous to our nostrils...


Just a cute picture of Bauer.

Here's most of the group all lined up and ready for their picture. Just the fact that we got them all to stand there for a few pictures is an absolute miracle!

Bauer had a great time, even though he didn't spend much time checking out the horses. Just being able to play and run around with his friends was enough for him!

We did try to go see the pig farm, but we ended up at the wrong spot. After inquiring about it found out that even if we were at the right spot we would've all had to shower before going in to see the pigs because apparently they can get sick really easily. Hmm, I don't think so. So the only pigs we saw were the cartoon ones on the side of this building. This picture was supposed to be of the kids making piggy faces but I don't really think Bauer understood the concept of pushing his nose up with his finger! :)

Then we ended up at the MSU Dairy to treat all the kids (and moms) to some of the best ice cream in existence! Of course, Bauer couldn't have any so he enjoyed some Lifesaver Gummies and an empty waffle cone which he proceded to lick like he had a big scoop of ice cream in there anyway!

4 comments:

Linz said...

Sounds very stinky and very fun.

Mmmmmmmm...MSU Dairy store...

Aner said...

I love the picture of Bauer squeezing his cheeks - too cute!

Stephanie said...

I've never even thought about going there-what a good idea! Hmmm, taking a shower before visiting the pigs...now THAT'S ironic!!!

Johanna said...

I wish we were there. EZ loves horses and I love MSU icecream!