Oct 21, 2008

Sleep Deprivation is Never a Good Thing

Okay, I have seriously been so tired with this pregnancy! I don't remember being this tired when I was pregnant with Bauer. It's all I can do to just stay awake during the day, let alone actually get anything done around the house! On Saturday, I just wanted to close my eyes for a few minutes while Matt was getting Bauer ready for bed (at 8 o'clock) and ended up falling asleep and didn't wake up until three hours later! I periodically fall asleep on the couch and can barely force myself out of bed in the morning. Is there any way for me to not feel so exhausted all the time?!

On a different note, I haven't really been using my camera because my favorite subject to shoot (Bauer, of course!) has been breaking out with rashes all over his face. I bought him some strong lotion a few weeks ago to help with dry skin (since it's getting to be that time of year) and didn't bother to read the label until Sunday night before putting him to bed. Well, it turns out that the lotion has a milk protein in it so instead of helping his skin we've been making it considerably worse for weeks now! Ugh, it's just so frustrating! I always think I'm being so careful and then I just assume that he can have/use something and it turns out it's got one thing or another in it that he can't have. I am so ready to be done with these allergies and there's nothing I can do about it but wait......probably for another couple years....

I didn't really mean to rant, but it's late and I'm tired and I can't think of anything funny to say. I'm going to bed....

7 comments:

Linz said...

That last paragraph made me laugh even though you think you're not being funny.

Pregnancy can be super rough. Luckily there is an end in sight. I'm sure you'll get more energy later in 2nd tri too.

Don't put pressure on yourself to accomplish anything right now, just do your best to make it through. Guilt won't make it easier. I swear I didn't do anything at the beginning of my last pregnancy. I was just trying to survive! Hang in there!

Stephanie said...

I think we tend to forget about the tired part, because it's one of the more forgettable symptoms of pregnancy. Also, you didn't have an energetic toddler to chase last time! Hang in there...

Jen said...

Yeah, I second the energetic toddler comment. I was so tired with Cole. I think I napped all day long. It took all I had, to get off the couch and get Jaelyn her lunch. The second trimester I had tons of energy. So, just hang in there and don't worry about accomplishing anything. I didn't unpack our house when we moved to Vegas for two months. Stuff will eventually get done.

I'm sorry about the lotion thing. That would be really frustrating. I couldn't even imagine.

Aner said...

I feel for you! I was so sick and tired I would come home from work and lay down on the couch and that would be it for the day - I was done. I would even open the patio door so the dog could come and go as she pleased because I couldn't get up to put her out! I can't imagine doing it now with a toddler. But once I got past twenty weeks my sickness went away and the energy came back, so hopefully you start feeling better soon. Hang in there!

Ann said...

I feel the same way! I'm so freakin tired it hurts! It really does hurt. I can't wait to get some energy back.

Alyson said...

Okay. First of all CONGRATULATIONS!! And secondly I am so sorry I am such a slacker and haven't read your blog in a while. I am seriously so excited for you guys!!

Tony and Traci said...

Hang in there Aub! It will get better... if not then drop Bauer at Noni's and take a long nap to help catch you up a little.