And, he didn't mind too much today since he was able to play with his awesome new race car track that Daddy got for him! Matt has been wanting to get one for a while (I'm not sure who wanted it more, Matt or Bauer...) and the timing couldn't have been more perfect. I love this little guy so much and hate to see him go through this, but hopefully we won't have to worry about unexpected asthma attacks for at least the next few months!
Jan 22, 2009
Attack of the Asthma
Well, I was hoping that we would make it through the winter, but it looks like we were fighting a losing battle. Bauer's asthma gets triggered whenever he starts to get a cold and, for some reason, this week was bad. With no other symptoms, he started having trouble breathing on Monday so we had to give him a breathing treatment, which helped immediately. Then on Tuesday he started having a lot of problems breathing and coughing like crazy so, again, breathing treatment. Then, on Tuesday night I was up with him for a while because he was having a coughing fit and a fever with the chills. Breathing treatment.
We took him to the doctor's yesterday and, long story short, Bauer has to do at least two breathing treatments a day for the rest of the winter. Apparently his little body couldn't handle getting sick without having mild asthma attacks along with it.
He's such a trooper through all of this! He's so used to it now that he just watches a movie or plays with his toys while doing a treatment. He also really likes to turn the nebulizer off when his medicine runs out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Poor little guy. He just can't seem to catch a break. All his allergies and asthma. I can't wait him to finally grow out of some of these things. I'm glad he is a good sport about it.
Awww poor Bauer! That stinks.
I'm sorry that Bauer has had all that trouble with his asthma. I hope he's doing better.
What a good boy. He is taking his treatments so well. What a sweetheart. I will be so glad when it's Spring for Bauer!
My little Precious. I just love him so much and feel so bad he has to go through all this. On the other hand, thank goodness he has such loving parents who take such excellent care of him.
Matt getting him the race track reminds me of the time I was in the hospital when I was a little kid and grampa brought me a gift too: a new doll with her own carrying case. I can still remember him bringing it to me in the hospital while wearing his police uniform.
Poor little Bauer. At least he can play and do other stuff while he's getting his treatment and takes it so well. I hope he won't have the asthma and allergies so bad soon.
That is so scary!! I'm glad that he's ok though. By the way, how's potty training going? I'm thinking of starting Cohen again soon.
Post a Comment