Our hotel room was awesome and even included a little kitchen! We didn't end up using it though, who wants to cook when you're on vacation? But the beds were so comfortable and they each had five incredibly soft pillows on them. I surrounded myself with the pillows and felt like I was sleeping on a cloud all night long!
Right after we checked in we went swimming (sorry, no pictures of that!) and it felt so good to be in the water! I love swimming and could've stayed in there all day! But, we had other places to go so...
We went out to dinner and wanted to go somewhere that we didn't have in Lansing. We ended up at a pizza place called Bilbo's and the whole menu was based off of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. We grabbed take-out menus on our way out but I have no idea where they ended up. The only item on there I can remember is Frodo's Feast!After dinner we headed over to the State Theater to see Brian Regan perform. It was awesome, he was hilarious! We're standing in front of the theater in this picture, but you can't really see the billboard with his name on it so it kind of defeated the purpose...
Rylie was able to sneak a picture of him (we were sitting in the 6th row) but then quickly put her camera away when a girl in front of us got in trouble with a security guard for taking pictures too!
The stage is behind us, but you can't really see that either! After the show we ended up over at IHOP for a little snack and then went back to the hotel and stayed up until 3:30 talking! Erika was the first one to crash when we were in the middle of a conversation but I was ready for bed, too!
The next morning we headed over to the Maple Sugar Festival for a pancake breakfast. It was so good I just couldn't get enough of it!
Before leaving we all had to get some of the maple sugar cotton candy (which was really good) and then we got back into the car to come home. I'm sad that it was over so quickly but so glad that we were able to go! Thanks for a great weekend girls, I hope you had as much fun as I did!
On a side note, one of the more embarrassing things that happened was me not being able to fit into a bathroom stall because my belly was too big! I tried to go in and close the door but since it opened inwardly I couldn't fit so I had to step back out and wait for a different one to open up. The best part? Rylie got to witness the whole procedure and couldn't stop laughing!
7 comments:
It looks like you girls had so much fun!! I'm glad you got the chance to get away before that baby comes!! Not too much longer now..!
How fun! I'm glad you got to take some time for yourself!
How fun! Those look like great friends. What a smart idea before baby #2!
I had a blast!! Great idea!! I love you!
First of all, can I say I hate you...haha JK! I am sooo jealous that you were able too see Brian Regan. I love him! I didn't know he was on tour until it was too late to get tickets to go in Logan. He is going to be in St George in May but the only day that is available is on a Thursday and it is 4 hours away...poo... Hopefully Ill be able to catch him next time! Or maybe ill look to see where else he is going and maybe take a weekend trip :) hmmm, sounds like a plan. Im surprise Matt didnt want to come!
Im glad that you were able to enjoy yourself before the baby comes!
Love ya!
Fun! Brian Reagan is hilarious!
LOVE the bathroom- it looks great! Congrats on the new washer and dryer. Hopefully the excitement never wears off ;)
I'm glad you were able to get away with the girls. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Post a Comment