Apr 14, 2009

Isn't She Lovely

Cadance had her first official doctor's appointment today. I knew we were going to have trouble with people mispronouncing her name, but neither of the nurses who were with us were able to get her name right until I told them what it was! Oh well, I'm sure we all go through, and some more than others.

Anyway, she was perfect in every way. She's already gained all of her weight back and is up to 7 lbs 7 oz. She's also grown a quarter of an inch and is in the 48th percentile for her height and 37th percent for her height.

Bauer is still completely enamored with her but he really wants to be able to play with her! There's a particular ball that he's latched onto and for some reason really wants to be roll it back and forth with her. He won't let us help so he hasn't had a chance to do it yet. Last night Matt was laying on the floor next to Cadance while she was awake and just laying there kicking and looking around. I told Bauer she would probably kick the ball if he put it by her feet. Sure enough, as soon as he put the ball down there she kicked it a good foot and a half! He thought it was hilarious and they kicked the ball back and forth for about five minutes. It was the cutest thing to watch!

Here are a few pictures of her after her very first outing into the world! (The doctor's office and Walmart parking lot count as an outing, right?)

Her shirt says "True Love" and I couldn't agree more! I cannot get enough of this little girl!
I just have to say that I've never been a "happy" crier, but since we've been home I seem to tear up every time I look at her or think about all the wonderful nurses and friends and family we have who have made this an even more incredible experience. My recovery is going so much better than last time and I couldn't be more grateful. This has been the most amazing week and I never imagined that I would love being the mother of two children so much! Of course, it helps to have Matt at home with me for another four weeks otherwise I wouldn't be able to do it!

20 comments:

The Stump Clan said...

She is really beautiful Aubrey! Congratulations!

Janee said...

She is indeed perfect in every way! How lucky Matt gets to spend so long at home! Wow!

Jamie said...

She is beautiful!! How fun for Bauer!

Alyson said...

I'm so glad it is going so well! And how lucky are you to have your husband home so long!

Becca said...

She seriously gets cuter every time that I see her. I wish I were closer so I was able to see her for real! And I miss Bauer too!

Jeff and Chelsy said...

congrats aubrey! she's beautiful. I like her name, but how do you say it? Is it with a long a sound? She is perfect! Wish we were there to come and see her in person.

Alexis said...

She is adorable! I love that she "kicked" the ball to Bauer! See - they get along already! :) When I had Nora (after the first few weeks of transitioning) I thought it was WAY better, more fun and even easier than having one! I think you are able to really enjoy your second baby so much because it's not such a new and scary thing.... and you see how fast they grow because of your older child and you just want to enjoy every second! I can't wait to meet her in person!

Linz said...

Love the kicking story. What a sweet Mama you are. 4 weeks?! That's fantastic!

J.C. Carlson said...

I can really see that she has Matt's mouth and chin. But do I detect a bit of her "mimi dearest" in her little nose? Of course, she has her mother's eyes only! (Or should I say "eye lids"?

sugar_cookie said...

Cadance is so beautiful and so sweet. I'm glad Bauer loves her so much too!

Scott, Anj, Molly, & Wyatt said...

She's beautiful!! Hope things are going well with your recovery. Can't wait to meet her!

Ann said...

Thats awesome Matt will be home for so long. That will help into the transition of 2 kids! You'll see it's not as hard as you pictured it (sorry if I scared you!). I think having 2 kids is the best thing in the world. You get to experience the best of both worlds, the toddler age and the new born stage. You see how each one brings you so much joy and you feel overwhelmed but in a great way! She is adorable!

Tony and Traci said...

I love her cheeks. So pinchable. I'm glad that things are going well. I'm sure Bauer is having a lot more fun with her now that he has discovered some things to do with her other than just look and occasionally hold her.

Stephanie said...

She is so beautiful. Glad things are going smoothly. Holy Cow, how does Matt have four weeks off???

Sarah said...

Yeah, how does he have four weeks off? You lucky lady! Aaron went right back to work the Monday after Noel was born. Two very cute kids for sure!

Hannah said...

She is the cutest neice anyone could ever have!

Aner said...

She is beautiful! I'm so happy to hear that every thing is going so well. How awesome!

elise blaine said...

congrats you guys!! shes gorgeous and i love love her name, its so beautiful!

Clark Family said...

She is beautiful! Sorry I haven't stopped by yet we were on vacation. I am glad to hear things went well. I am excited to meet her soon.

McGinnis Family said...

I'm so happy that you are recovering so well! Candance is doing AWESOME!!! It's all because she's got such an amazing Mommy to take care of her!!! She's beautiful! I love her outfit and blanket! So adorable! Bauer has really taken to her, hasn't he? That's so sweet that he loves her so much!!!