May 13, 2009

The Big 3-0

I have to wish a Happy Birthday to Matt today! He is officially out of his 20's and an old man of 30 years! I've been teasing him about it for a while but I know it won't be so funny when it's my turn! Would you believe that he was only 22 when we met?
We surprised Matt by bringing lunch, cards, and a gift up to him on his lunch break. He was so excited to see us and had to show Cadance off to everyone since it was the first time she'd been up there. I think Bauer got just a little bit jealous of the attention (or he was just trying to protect her) because he eventually just pulled the cover down on her car seat and said, "I don't want people to see her!" It was so funny! It was pretty obvious that Matt didn't want to be at work on his birthday since he ended up taking about a 2-hour lunch...whoops!
Then we spent the evening with Chris and Rylie (including a delicious dinner we didn't have to cook!) and had a blast with them! Bauer really had a great time and was sad when we left because he didn't get to "give Chris and Rylie a hug and kiss goodnight!"
Anyway, it was a little low-key but I hope Matt enjoyed it, I had a good day and it was fun to surprise him since he didn't expect anything at all! Love you sweetie!

5 comments:

Rylie said...

Happy Happy Birthday Matt!

ll ll ~ Live long and prosper!
- Spock

Tony and Traci said...

Oh no! Careful of the grim reaper in your rear view mirror. He's creeping up on you. ;) Love you! I hope you had a great day.

Katie said...

Happy Birthday, Matt!

Becca said...

Matt the best big brother ever! Im glad that you had fun at your friends! Happy Birthday!

ps...I love the whole Bauer and I dont want anyone to see her thing. It made me laugh!

Janee said...

Happy Birthday Matt! Dan turns the big 3-0 in a few days and I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what to do for him...