May 6, 2009

A Couple of 1st's and Recovery Milestone #2

It's been way too long since I've posted especially since I know everyone's dying to see pictures of Cadance (and, of course, Bauer)!

I'm finally trying to figure out all the things that my camera can do so I was messing around one night while Bauer was admiring Cadance in her bouncy seat.I love that she's looking up at him too! She's just starting to actually look at and study our faces.As you can see, she's starting to put on some nice, healthy baby weight. Keep it up and make sure that you're taking mine in the process!Bauer's ever-present "monster" face. It's either this or he looks at us with one eye closed wanting us to be scared of him!We gave Cadance her first bottle a few days ago. I figured it would be fun for Bauer to give it to her since he loves to be involved in everything that has to do with her. He gets mad at us if we even think about changing her diaper when he's not around!
I think he's finally getting used to seeing me with my camera again so he doesn't put up as big of a fight anymore when I try to take pictures. I just have to promise to show him the pictures when I'm done!

Some other side notes, Matt and I went to see Wolverine yesterday (Cadance's first movie!) and it was freakin' awesome! I wanted to see it again as soon as we walked out! If you like the X-Men movies then you'll love this one too.

And, I know you're waiting anxiously to hear what the next big step I accomplished was.....I drove for the first time yesterday since my surgery! I've been really nervous because it's been really uncomfortable just riding in the car while Matt's driving and I wasn't sure if I would hurt myself by driving and maneuvering all the massive potholes that seem to cover the entire face of Lansing, MI. But, all is well (I love pain killers...) and it felt good to drive after almost a month!

7 comments:

Linz said...

Oh man you make me laugh.

Great pics!

I love painkillers too.

Christine said...

She's adorable!! Hooray for chunky babies!

I'm glad you're recovering so fabulously well!

sugar_cookie said...

I love Bauer's little 'monster' face. Bryce will do the same thing and make noises and wants me to do it with him.

Becca said...

How cute. I love how Bauer is looking at the camera out of the corner of his eyes on the first picture. Im glad that you are starting to feel better :)

Janee said...

Ok, that last pic of Bauer feeding Cadance is SO cute! Glad to hear your recovery is going well!

I loved Wolverine too! So good!

J.C. Carlson said...

Those are the sweetest brother and sister I've ever seen! I can't wait to hold them both in six days!!

Alyson said...

She is just the cutest baby! What a good brother she has!