May 21, 2009

Weekly Report

I have lots to report but I have to start with Bauer's big accomplishment first....he's been completely binky-free for over a week!!! I can't believe it myself, and it went sooo much smoother than I thought it would and it was totally by accident! I got really frustrated at him one day last week because potty-training has been an absolute nightmare and I felt like something had to give. (We were planning on having him in a toddler bed, potty-trained, and off the binky before Cadance got here and none of it happened.) Anyway, I kind of freaked out and the words, "That's it, no more binky! Binky's going in the garbage!" came flying out of my mouth before I knew what was happening! After I said it I couldn't take it back so bye-bye bink!In other news, Cadance is six weeks old today! How did that happen? I can't believe how much she's growing already. She's still just giving us those half smiles but she's starting to coo just a little bit along with them!
Bauer's still really great with her, although sometimes he can be a little louder than I want him to be when she's sleeping!Grammie found Bauer this big stone while we were out walking today and he's kept it with him all day long. He keeps calling it his "beautiful rock." We're been throwing rocks in the water-filled rain gardens by the park near our house but I think this one's going to be exempt from taking the plunge!And lastly, I'm not the only person in the house who's been experimenting with photography. Bauer has claimed our old digital camera for his own and loves to take pictures of everything! On this day he was following me around taking pictures of everything I was getting a picture of!
He then goes through and admires his work. I have to admit that he can take some pretty good pictures! Photographer? Astronaut? Professional screamer? His career possibilities are endless!

5 comments:

J.C. Carlson said...

Let's face it: Bauer is quite accomplished at many, many things!

McGinnis Family said...

Congrats on Bauer being binky free! That is seriously such a great thing!!!! Candance is so adorable! What a beautiful little girl!

Tony and Traci said...

Cute pictures.

Janee said...

I think you're lucky with the whole binky situation - just being able to throw it away - Maya sucks her fingers and I have NO idea how I'm going to deal with that! I must say Cadance is just so darling! Love the pics!

Rylie said...

Way to go Bauer!! I love little Cadance's outfit! So cute!