Sep 26, 2009

Day of the Bear

Finally, after years of seeing the signs and getting the emails, we made it to the Teddy Bear Picnic this year! It was so much fun and I can't believe we've missed out on the last couple of years, we'll definitely go again!
Bauer brought his very first teddy bear that we bought for him before he was even born. There were med students sewing up the holes in the stuffed animals and our little guy had to have surgery, too. Bauer was allowed to watch but had to have a hat on and a mask over his face while we were in the O.R.
Bauer got his face painted for the first time while, too. I told the ladies that he liked space so they decided to make him into an alien (aka - a green and black Spiderman)...
Freaky, huh? And not in a good way! We went back to the tent after about 5 minutes and I asked them to wash it off. I didn't want this creepy "alien" in all of the pictures that I was supposed to be taking of my cute boy! They even painted a planet on his hand but it still didn't clue anyone in as to what he was supposed to be.
One of the best parts of the day was being able to shoot baskets with the MSU women's basketball team! He had so much fun! I eventually persuaded him to leave with the promise that we would go back to play some more but, by the time we got back, they were gone! He was really disappointed.
Thankfully, we had a lot of fun playing with this mini-parachute filled with plastic balls! I think Bauer may have had more fun picking the balls up and putting them back on the parachute than he did waving the parachute around! I wanted to play but I had Cadance in the Bjorn so I had to miss out on the fun...
(It's a little scary how natural he looks sitting on there! And did you notice the green tint that lingered on his face all day?)
Bauer's teddy bear had quite the day! He had major surgery (on his bum!), went to an ear specialist, the pediatrician, had an x-ray, went to the dentist, had a sports physical (where he had his ear wrapped, apparently that's the part of his body he somehow strained), and had an eye exam. Whew, I know I'd be exhausted after a day like that!
Cadance must have felt the same way because she passed out right before we got back to the car! Bauer had a really great time and even got a free helmet to wear when he rides his bike from now on!

5 comments:

Ann said...

NNOOO!!! I missed it!?!?! I've heard about it too the past 2 years and I actually have a bear that needs stitching! I was going to take him there because I don't know how to do it! haha. I'm glad you guys had fun!

Becca said...

Haha thats neat that they do that. I loved how they had bauer wear the surgical garb.

J.C. Carlson said...

What a fun time for Bauer! I love how the cop is having such a good time, too! Why didn't you have the elephant whose spilling its guts out stiched up while you were at it? Or was it a discriminatory teddy bear picnic? No other species allowed?

The Richardson Clan said...

I so wish we could have come with.....looks like it was an absolute blast!

Rylie said...

I think that is such a cute idea! Teddy Bear picnics are the best!! Bauers face does look a little scary with that paint on. He is too funny!