Sep 14, 2009

Granddaddy C Comes to Town

My dad came to visit us this weekend and we all had a really great time with him! It took Bauer a few minutes to warm up to him (especially after he drove up on a motorcycle, I think that scared him a little!) but once Bauer came around he had a blast!We had a campfire (minus the "camp") on Friday night. Bauer kept asking for ghost stories so my dad obliged since telling spooky stories around a campfire is one of his specialties!Here he is mid-story. It had something to do with someone sticking their hand down a mountain lion's mouth and turning it inside-out...Bauer and I are entranced by the fire.
The next day while Matt was at the MSU football game the rest of us headed up to the grand opening of a new toy store. One thing we found while we were there was a rocket that is supposed to be propelled off it's launch pad by the gases created when you mix baking soda and vinegar together. The idea of it sounded so cool!Bauer was way excited for it but we had failed launch after failed launch and just never figured out how to work it right.Cadance was really upset that it didn't work, too!

We tried it again the next day and still haven't gotten it quite right, but if you're in the mood for a little laugh you can watch poor Matt trying to get it to work...Anyway, after the failed launches we went out for ice cream so my dad could experience the joy that is the MSU Dairy! I'm pretty sure he enjoyed it, I know I did!
One funny thing about the trip was that Bauer kept getting the words "Grandpa" and "Grandma" confused so my dad was both! Cadance couldn't care less what to call him, just as long as she was happy and being held. I think we all agree that he can come back any time!

2 comments:

Becca said...

I couldnt stop laughing at that video....it was so funny. That thing looks a little dangerous!

Rylie said...

Glad you guys had a great weekend!!