Today marked the culmination of the all the work Bauer's primary leaders, teachers, and all the kids have invested in the last year! We had our primary program in church today and it was such a surreal moment for me to see Bauer up there singing (yes, he was actually singing) with all the other kids. I couldn't have been more proud of him! He sat quietly though the whole program, stood up for the songs and sat down when they were done, waved to me a couple of times, only made a few funny faces, and spoke his two lines clearly into the microphone. He had the last line of the whole program (which is a huge responsibility) and was just incredible!
It was so amazing to see how much he's grown up in the last year. I must admit though, I almost shed some tears quite a few times! I had to hold it back because I didn't want to be "that" mom, but I totally am! I'll probably be crying during every milestone throughout this little guy's life!
Anyway, this post is mainly for me to remember this day and some of the things I wanted to make note of are:
-The way Bauer and the other Sunbeams were so small that you couldn't tell when they were standing up or sitting down. So darn sweet!
It was so amazing to see how much he's grown up in the last year. I must admit though, I almost shed some tears quite a few times! I had to hold it back because I didn't want to be "that" mom, but I totally am! I'll probably be crying during every milestone throughout this little guy's life!
Anyway, this post is mainly for me to remember this day and some of the things I wanted to make note of are:
-The way Bauer and the other Sunbeams were so small that you couldn't tell when they were standing up or sitting down. So darn sweet!
-Bauer's friend, Fisher, doing karate kicks (with sound effects) when jumping off the footstool.
-The fact that I was totally going to take a picture of Bauer with my phone but couldn't figure out how to turn the sound off so I couldn't...
-His lines, "I have many family members who can help me" and "I know that Jesus Christ will come again."
-Bauer singing all but one of the songs! Who knew?!
-How much I love that boy!!
7 comments:
Aww, that sounds to sweet. Bauer up there singing and remembering the lines. That's a big job for a 4-year-old!
We are so proud of him! He really is such a sweet kid. I love all of his questions and comments. He always seems to brighten my day!
Bau-Wow! hehe Thats awesome! He is such a smarty pants. Good Job Bauer! I love his outfit too! ;)
Oh I am so glad you have documented this day.
Primary programs are fun. You never know what to expect, but he's a smart kid.
He did so awesome!
I can't believe I haven't commented yet! I am so proud of Bauer. He's such a brave boy and wants to please his mommy and daddy so much. I know he wants to be a good example for his little sister, too. They are going to be quite a little tag-team! I love you all so much and much more!
Post a Comment