All the excitement from the day must have worn Bauer out because he ended up passing out on the floor when he was sent to time-out this evening! Only 19 days left until Christmas! I'd better get busy!
Dec 6, 2009
It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
Today we finally put our tree up! That job usually gets done over Thanksgiving weekend but we're a little behind this year. I have to say that I've had a hard time getting into a Christmas-y mood just because there's no snow and our house hasn't looked very festive, but no more!
Matt (aka "The Master Branch Floofer") hard at work making sure our fake tree looks as real as possible! (Is it sad that we as native Michiganders don't go out and buy a real tree?)
Bauer was our big helper and made sure we had all the branches with the correct-colored tags!
Me putting up some of the best ornaments I've ever owned...Randy, Ralphie, and the leg lamp in the "Fragile" box, all from A Christmas Story.
While Matt and I were decorating the tree, Bauer was demonstrating how he was above such menial tasks...by wearing a bag on his head.
Cadance wasn't too interested in the goings-on, she was quite content to play with her rhino mirror!
I'm not sure if this ornament ever made it on the tree, but Bauer sure had a blast running around the house helping Buzz Lightyear fly around in his ship!
Cheesy family picture, but here we are in front of the finished product! It's always so much fun to see the tree transform from a sad, barren green piece of plastic into a beautiful Christmas tree that we could sit and stare at for hours!
After we finished the tree, we all sat down and wrote (or dictated) letters to Santa. Bauer has been carrying a toy catalog from Target around the house for weeks. He calls it his magazine and shows us all the things he wants from it. His list to Santa was a little hefty!
All the excitement from the day must have worn Bauer out because he ended up passing out on the floor when he was sent to time-out this evening! Only 19 days left until Christmas! I'd better get busy!
All the excitement from the day must have worn Bauer out because he ended up passing out on the floor when he was sent to time-out this evening! Only 19 days left until Christmas! I'd better get busy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
cute! Love the family picture!! You are ahead of me. I haven't put the tree up yet.
Cute tree and cuter family picture! Bauer cracks me up. I enjoyed watching him and Sariah "visit" in primary today. It made my week.
Also- Thank you to Matt for helping me not look like an idiot. Well, I did, but he was super helpful. He's amazing in there!
Only 19 more days! AGH! We usually put our tree up Thanksgiving weekend too, but we are late this year as well. Very cute pics! It hasn't started snowing there yet???
The family picture is excellent! I love it!
I guess taking a nap is better than sitting in a time-out!
Beautiful tree! Great picture in front of it too!
Post a Comment