Jan 28, 2010

Two Birds with One Shot

Last night I went to my very first photography class. I feel like I'm finally starting to conquer my camera! Our assignment for this week was to practice shooting in shutter mode and aperture mode so I started messing around with my camera a little bit. But I really felt like I needed to practice shooting in a darker room so I could get a better feel for aperture. I decided our bedroom (since it's downstairs) would probably a good place to start. I walked in and was greeted by...The Mount Everest of unfolded laundry piles! So, along with practicing my camera, my task for this week is to conquer the laundry as well. (I'm using embarrassment as my motivation.)

9 comments:

Becca said...

Haha, thats funny....good there arent any, wait...are those...nah ;)

Sounds like a fun class! I need to take some classes, but I dont own an SLR.

Even without the classes you always take amazing pictures!

ashley said...

Does the laundry ever end! Every time I conquer it, it looks the same by morning! I feel your pain!

Christine said...

see... Mt. Everest of unfolded laundry... versus Mt. Everest of 'needs to be washed'... two entirely different monsters...

But neither of them seem to go anywhere!

...AND... congratulations on the photography class. I'm green with envy! I would LOVE to take a class!

Alyson said...

I was waiting to hear how you liked it! I am so so so jealous! You will have to give us weekly updates...

The Richardson Clan said...

That's so great you're taking a photography class! Maybe you can teach me a thing or two. Well, maybe I should get a better camera first.

I'm catching up on all your posts! LOVED your Christmas puzzle idea. You are so clever!

Janee said...

How funny! I guess we are all dealing with the laundry monster! Ha!

What photography class are you taking?

Marianne & Clayton said...

You are all awesome. And my laundry wants to give a shout out to your laundry.

J.C. Carlson said...

Aubrey, you have such good friends--they even comment on your laundry!

Linz said...

I am so happy you are taking a class!