Feb 6, 2011

The Reason Why...

There is a reason that the time has come for us to go private. Anyone who has ever talked to Matt has found out that his dream is to work out in California. He's been working on his degree in Media Arts & Animation for almost four years now (he'll be finished in August, yay!!) and it's been his goal for a very long time to do special effects for movies or TV.Well, as of Tuesday February 1st, 2011 his wait is over! (This is the caller id that shows when they called to interview him!)Matt was offered a position as a Render Assistant working out of Universal Studios in California helping with the pilot episode for the new Battlestar Galactica show, Blood & Chrome!

We're really excited for him, but nervous at the same time! He'll be going out first while Bauer, Cadance, and I stay here at least through the summer. It's going to be hard but we know it'll be worth it.

So, there you go, the biggest news we've had on our blog since Cadance was born!!

22 comments:

ashley said...

Holy Cow! Wow! COngrats Matt! I have mixed feelings about this though! I can't imagine life here without you guys!:(

Alyson said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWEEEE! Holy Moly that is AWESOME! COngrats you guys!!

Clark Family said...

No way!!! You are moving up in the world and to a dreamy warm place!! You deserve it!!

Christine said...

Wowowowowoowow!! That is awesome! Congratulations you guys!! We're VERY excited for you!

Ruth said...

That is so exciting! Good luck in California Matt, and good luck at home Aubrey. Let us know if you need anything. . . like a night off to be by yourself!

Rylie said...

Oh my gosh!!! Matt we are thrilled for you!!! You are on to such great things!! Best of luck to you guys!

Janet said...

We are all so proud of you Matt! You have worked so hard for years for this opportunity. Of course, it's a little bittersweet for, and I'm sure you know why. I love you guys more than words can say ...

Brian and Erika Hogge said...

YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!
YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY! Oh you guys, I'm so, so happy for you, and especially for Matt! He's finally getting what he wanted! I have tingles! This is HUGE!!!!!!!! Did I already say YAY!? :)

Marianne & Clayton said...

SHUT UP! This is huge! He must be so excited! And for Battlestar Galactica? That is like his freaking dream scenario! I am so excited for you guys, but wonder how we can make this work by commuting from East Lansing for the next few years. You don't need to move there, right? JK. I'm with Ruth. Let us know when we can pitch in!

Amy said...

What wonderful news! Yeah, a dream come true after all the hard work!!! Congrats!

Tony and Traci said...

I'm sooo excited for you guys (not the being away part, of course.)

McGinnis Family said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Such exciting news! What an opportunity of a lifetime!!!! So happy and excited for you guys!!!!! HUGE congrats!!!!

Becca said...

Congratulations!!! So deserved and about time! ;) How amazing is it that you get to work with a space-y show...hehe. Have fun out there and it will just be the start of the great things to come!

Dawn said...

Congrats!! That is so awesome. You'll be moving to my home state. When will you be joining Matt?

Linz said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Congratulations and how exciting!!!!!

Janee said...

OMG!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!! I'm jumping up and down with excitement for you guys!!!! Yeah, WEST side!!!

(I'm in Cali all the time - my bro lives in Beverly Hills - so we'll definitely have to get together... Woot!)

Jamie said...

I absolutely love the news!! Congrats! I'm so happy for you to be moving somewhere warm. You'll be so much closer than Michigan. Yay!!

Andy & Ashlee said...

How exciting! Sounds awesome, we are so excited for you guys!! California will be awesome...you will have to take up surfing!

Ann said...

Congrats to you guys!! That is AWESOME news!! That's big and it's only going to open more doors later that could be even bigger! How exciting!!!!

The Richardson Clan said...

YIPPEE!!! I am so happy for you guys! This is such great news.

The Holdaway's said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!

Katie said...

holy CRAP - I am way behind your blog, obviously! Congratulations, you guys!! If you need a breather when you move out stop in Vegas for the night!! What EXCITING NEWS!!