...my kids like to vomit in church!
If you haven't heard this story you might want to check it out...
Anyway, I'm sitting in RS during our Visiting Teaching conference today holding Cadance in my lap. She had just eaten so she had a full tummy, but not so full that she looked or felt uncomfortable. She was standing up while I was holding her waist and she kept reaching around for anything within her grasp. Well, she bent over to grab the blanket resting on my lap right in front of her. It must have put too much pressure on her stomach because she was bent almost completely in half! She stood back up, waited for a second and then started to spit up....and then started to vomit....projectile vomit, that is! Thank goodness that blanket was there because it caught everything (well, everything that didn't land on her dress)!
When she finished I ran out of the room to go get the diaper bag (which, of course, was with Matt) and while we were in the hall she started to throw up again! I stopped and held the blanket up in front of her and, once again, that blanket saved us from having to clean up any mess!! I could've kissed that blanket but didn't for obvious reasons.
Anyway, she's fine now. She's taking a little nap and just sleeping it off, she clearly just wanted to have her own church-vomit story...
7 comments:
I remember when Bauer puked in sacrament meeting - I think it was in Molly Shield's carseat, right? What fun parenting memories - at least they are memorable! Cadance looked so surprised when she was puking today that it made me laugh. I'm glad you had that blanket today, too!
Yikes! Tony and I have been lucky with Landon thus far. He has only puked on us in the privacy of our own home.
hee hee!! I remember that incident! Maybe it's just that building...
We have our own puke story there too! It was the first Sunday after I'd had Erik. Robyn was walking down the row of chairs toward Steve. I didn't know it, but she'd stuffed the whole package of fruit snacks in her mouth! Right as she got to Steve she started really choking... and then threw up ALL over him! ...and crazy enough- it was right where Bauer got sick too! (I remember thinking that right as Robyn was throwing up... )
Sorry to hear you had to re-visit the puke... but really glad you had the blanket!!
So funny! I remember 'the incident' with Bauer! What are the odds that it would happen to you guys with both of your kids. It definitely makes for a good story!
Yuckies! But it sure made me laugh...
LOL oh man I'm cracking up right now :) I remember! Poor Baur! That was quite an exciting Easter sacrament eh! Your kids are awesome!
Now why didn't you kiss the blanket?
Post a Comment